Saturday, September 02, 2006

So far so good!

Well, first days of school is over, and the weekend is here.
So far I have had 4 different classes! One of them was just a placement-test to see what level the class was at, and I haven't done that stuff in 2,5 years, so I felt VERY lost, hahaha. But I wrote SOMETHING at least, not too bad if I may say so!
I also had conducting with the well known Dr. Rene Clausen! He seems like a very nice guy, which is good, so I won't freak out, hehe. The conducting class before christmas is very basic, but I think that's good, so I'll get used to what he likes, and his style. Looking forward to it!
I have been to a volleyballgame too this weekend, Concordias team won of course, hehe. :P You can see pictures at My Space! ;)

Oh, and yesterday I was at the choir-audition! That audition was both for Chapel Choir and the womens choir Bel Canto, and if you are good enough, you make the Chapel Choir. I sang some regular warmups, and after those he said; "You sing in tune, I like that!" *hihi* Then I had to sing "Gud sign vår konge god", I think it's named "My Country" or something here. I was to sing with all the passion I had within me, and that's easy when I can't even get up there because of my cold, haha. But I did my best. After that I had to do some sightsinging - which went almost surprisingly well! I think I got it perfect! :D And then I was done, and he told me right away - you're gonna be in Chapel choir and we practise blablabla, hihi. (Usually they just put up a list, but I was one of the last ones to audition, so he knew what he had to work with I guess.) So I'm in Chapel Choir!! :D
Now you might ask why I didn't join the BIG choir, Concordia College Choir. But they apparently audition in the spring, so they filled it up and I can't join. A bit of a bummer, but at least I made the second best! :) WOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! :P

And last night I went to a houseparty with my roomies! Jenna is a music major herself, so she knows some of the people I am taking classes with, which is nice. :) So now I know a LOT of music people! One of them is Adam, which has jazzpiano as his second instrument!! His major is composing, and he has written some pieces that different groups and bands at Concordia has played at official events and so on, and although I have never heard him play, he seems talented from what I've heard. So looking forward to hearing him play!
And today I was at my very FIRST Football game in America!! The Power Bowl, the first game after school starts, kind of a big deal I hear. So we went, got into some of the rules, but it didn't help - the Cobbers lost 28-7 to a team they usually win a LOT over, but hey, at least we were there! Got some pics from that too!

Now I will go to bed, although I was supposed to be at a Norwegian girl's house tonight I decided to stay home and do some blogging and homework. So pop in later, and enjoy this picture from the Power Bowl!

2 comments:

.: Maya :. said...

Congratulations, girl! :D
Sounds like you're already having a blast, and it's exciting to read about too! Keep having fun! We love you back here ;) Hugs and smooches.

Annema said...

Hugs ans smooches RIGHT back at ya, and YES, this is FUN! :D