Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Orientation week over...!

Days of our Orientation is over, and tomorrow class starts. *shivers* I am excited, but a little nervous, naturally I guess, hehe. This past week has been so great, and I am truly ashamed of the Norwegian school-system.
I know this is a private school, but still.

I actually got up in front of ALL the new students today while we had our brainstorming on "making the most of college", and stated that - although I have been attending a college for 4 years, this is so different from what you can expect in Norway - ANYwhere I dare say. I thanked them for giving me this opportunity, and although it sounds cheesy, I really mean that. The inspiration and motivation I feel like I have right now is above anything I have felt since - ever I think, I truly feel like I can do this - not just to make good grades, but for myself, to prove that I can create my own future! :)
I sound brainwashed, don't I, haha. But for the first time I feel like the American culture brings something great to the table - they are indipendent, and they believe they can move mountains if the put their mind to it - and I need to be able to think that. I'm gonna move some mountains! ;)

Well, I have a big day tomorrow, so I better go to bed!
Catch you all later, and I will post here about my first day in class!!
Good night all

OH! And by the way: I made the Vocal Jazz Ensemble group (auditions were today), so I will be singing with them! :D Auditions for the choir is Friday, I'll keep you updated ;)

No comments: