Thursday, September 07, 2006

Feel good :)

Yesterday I had all kinds of compliments thrown at me! First during conducting class:
We had all prepared a little song called "Lord of all Hopefulness" (Deg å få skode), and were to conduct one by one in front of the others. Our focus was on start and stop (attack and release), shape and stability of the figure we made, and breath. Of course, for me who have done this quite a bit, it should be fine, but he has a different style, and is very picky about what he likes and what is right and wrong. It's a bit different from what I'm used to doing, but still just fine. Well, I got up (I was the only one not bringing the sheet up), did my thing, and he said:
"Well, I think your figure is steady and good, and I like the way you make them breathe. Very good!", or something not far from it.
Although it was a very easy task, I was as proud as a little girl with a new dress! Half the point here is that a LOT of these people have done conducting before, some a LOT of it too, and almost everyone got a comment on one thing to work on - and I didn't! I was almost dissapointed, hehe. Me and maybe 4 others had nothing to work on - but only I got the two words "very good"! :D Joy to the world!!!! :D :D

Then I had a meeting with my advisor, and after talking for a while, she and Dr. Schabora (head of musicsection) were both very surprised that the school had recommended me for the englishclass for International students. I felt proud once again, my english is apparently very good! :D
Also, after englishclass, my teacher came up to me and wondered if I didn't want to take a different englishclass that was more challenging! He would "hate for you to feel like you're not learning anything". I had actually considered it during that class, but I have a couple of other pretty heavy classes, so I think I will stay for this semester. But the offer was a nice compliment for me! :)

Well, enough bragging. I also signed for a tutor to teach me a bit in Materials of music - I am SO lost at a couple of things, cause they are a bit ahead of where I left off, and I don't remember all of the things we learned back then either. But hopefully I'll get the hang of it somehow - I need this class to do World music which is very interesting, so I really want to keep up!

Apart from schoolstuff - well, I don't really have time for a lot of others things, I spent over 4 hours with homework last night, and will be up late tonight to finish some stuff too! But it's paying off as far as I can tell, so that's great! :D
Mom, you should be proud of me - even more than you already are, hihi.

Well, I better get back to work, catch ya'll later! *wave*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAY!