Sunday, September 24, 2006

Family Weekend!

Well, first of all I have to say:
I Aced both my hand-in AND the vocabulary-quiz!!! :D :D :D
Although we don't get "graded" like the normal american student, I am still proud. I know I did a thorough job with it, worked with and redid several times. So feels good! :)
I had planned a longer workout that day (Friday), so I was really psyked going to the gym. I jumped on the treadmill, and right away I could feel it was gonna be gooood, hihi. So I was on the treadmill for a little over 45min, and covered between 3 and 3.5 miles, which is approx. 5-6km :D Could have went further, but don't wanna push it too hard, that was my first longer run, so wanna take it easy. But felt good, maybe I'll join the running team over here? *hihi*

This weekend was, as the title indicates, the Family Weekend! Janice has had Marsha and Tom visitng the past couple of weeks, so Marsha joined us for the first activity we were signed up for, the Family Brunch. They found out we had around 1700 people in the audatorium during that! Janice took a few pics, I'm sure I'll post them later, hehe.
Then I went to a footballgame with Cecily and her family, met up with Fran and Jillian, I cheered a LOT, there was a band and everything, so a LOT more fun than the first game I went to, hehe.
After the game there was this Icecream Social where you go get a cone and meet faculties! I got two icecreams, and met my english teacher and Dr Chabora, head of the music department, and introduced Jan to them both!
Then we went straight for dinner at a Thai Restaurant, the Thai Orchid, not too far from school. Nice food, and good service!
Dinner was followed by the Showcase, pretty similar to the Cabarét we saw during orientation week, only this was more varied and somewhat better. :)

Today I've been doing homework, and I'm soon off to go for a little jog!
So "talk" later, bye!

And here is our campus, taken Saturday the 23rd! :D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bra campus da! :o) Saa koselig ut! Og det hoeres ut som om du har det skikkelig flott!!!

Annema said...

Jæ har de KÅNNGE! *hihi*