Saturday, September 09, 2006

Hurray!

From Friday 09.08.06:
We had our first Jazz Vocal Ensemble-gathering today, and I found another one to help with Materials of music!! YAY!!! Sitting here reading stuff on it now - starting at the very beginning just to get into it, and to actually get it all. Gonna be a long day. *sigh*
Jazz VE was good though, it's gonna be a LOT of fun I think!! :D

Ok, over to the bragging:
Once again I was "praised" during conducting, I was even FIRST to volunteer for a ritardando experiment, hehe. But then again, I have done that stuff before, so it's not too scary. I was also the only girl to volunteer, fun, hihi.
And I need to watch myself during englishclass, last class I felt like was a little too dominant, just blurting out stuff all the time. So note to self: *learn to rais your hans missy*, hehe.

And oh, oh, OH! I forgot to write about our first choir rehearsal!! Well, I met the conductor during my audition, and as I suspected he is a really nice guy. He is very "grandpa'ish", but he knows what he wants and where he wants to go, which is a GOOD thing! :D He feels like this is his calling, and he loves us already! *hihi*
I will probably go nuts about the vibrato of all these people, we are 109 in the choir!!! 1-0-9!!!! That's a LOT of people! But I love it, just as long as they can control that vibrato, sigh. *hihi*

(Jumping to Monday 09.11.06.)
Had a pretty uneventful weekend: Worked out and went to this seminar thingy. Tried to read on Materials of Music, but... It's hard, just because I need to learn both the language AND the stuff the book presents. The terms is a language on it's own, hehe. But today (Monday) I unexpectedly got help from my teacher! He is awesome, he was patient and helped me out a bit, and gave me some extra stuff to do to practice the terms and the way they think here, which is a bit different from what I'm used to.

But now I have to go, got choir again in 20 minutes! Btw: We got choir every day of the week, and the music we sing is BEAUTIFUL, my goodness. I almost cried when singing one of the songs for the first time - and that was the FIRST time we ever heard it, so guess who'll be having a hard time coping when we've rehearsed it! Haha. Anyway, I love it, and I'm sure yuou all would have too!

Well, I'm off, see ya! ;)

(Me ready for a work-out, hihi)

No comments: