Friday, January 26, 2007

Busy, but fun week!

Where do I start?
Hm, well, I got a few papers and tests back and they are all in the upper range of the grade-scale! Conducting, Spanish, and a presentation in Music Ed. class. So things are going good, and I don't really have any major troubles this semester. Although, my english class is kind of challenging, and there's a LOT to read! But so far it's ok I think - and I think I can do better.
Spanish is demanding just because we speak it too little, and I would like to get it into mys system. But hey, it's been like 3 weeks, I'll give it some more time, hehe.

Tuesday I had my first voice lesson where I taught a student! It's part of our Voice-metods class to do so. She is very eager, and we have fun, so I think it's going to be good! :)

Wednesday I went out with Tessa - she decided I should come Salsa-dancing with her, and so I did, hihi. You know I love to dance! We had a BLAST! Even our ride there (taxi) provided some good fun, our driver was crazy, hehe. I/we danced for about 4 hours, I got to dance with an intructor, and I also danced with Carlos, Tessa's friend, and that was so much fun!!!! LOVED it! :D

Thursday I had my first appearance with The Concordia Choir! Only problem was that I freaked out because I started with the wrong song for some reason, and that put me off so much that I was paralyzed the entire concert! Very little focus on my part, can't say I've ever been like that before. New experience! But although I stood there like a zombie it was fun! :)

Friday night there was an A Capella conert on campus, that was fun! :) After that I was across the hall from my appartment wathcing a movie while my friends were sleeping, haha... It was a very cheerful evening, I was in a very good mood and wanted to go out dancing again! So I danced in my chair at the concert, hihi... I love being so social again! :D

Saturday Tessa and i went swimming, we swam 1,6km, we were pretty proud! :D At night we went out to this dance event, but the music got a little monotone, so we went to a bar and sat there talking instead. We had such a good time, and we took lots of pictures of course, hehe... Here is one!


Tessa bought me an Orgasm, haha....


I also started tutoring in Spanish, altough I really don't need it, it's nice to get inout from a private tutor, make sure you pronounce stuff right, and just practice conversation and vocabulary! The guy that is tutoing me, Mike, is also very nice, so I don't mind going. He brags about me too, haha... :P By May, when I am going to Peru I will ROCK in spanish!!! :D

Both Saturday and Sunday was pretty cold, and it still is today (-24 Celsius!), so I'm wrapping up real good when going outside! Sunday it snowed and left really nice powdersnow (which I didn't get any pictures of before it blew away again... *sad*), it was so pretty out!
But now I'm gonna stop writing before this gets waaaay too long, hehe. Just leaving you with the picture of the year, hihi...

No comments: