Thursday, January 04, 2007

WOW, what a Christmas!!

This post is going to be LOOOOOOONG unless I manage to be short and concise - which I doubt, hehe. Anyway, here we go!

As most of you know, I spent Christmas here in the US with my family and our relatives. Before I picked up my family at the airport, I stayed with a very nice family who took me in for a while (as I have written before), and I had a great time staying there. Thank you to Katie and her parents!!!!


I picked up my family at the airport Thursday the 21st, and we headed northwest for Paynesville the first night. Maureen and Dwayne took good care of us before we moved on to Fargo/Moorhead the next day. We did some shopping and then spent the night in Janice Kjesbo's house. I'll always feel at home there! Next day (Saturday) we went to Grand Forks to drop off the rental car. Jeff picked us up and drove us to Devils Lake after some shopping and an excellent meal at their house!

It was weird realizing it was Christmas Eve the next day! And it was kind of sad not being able to watch "Tre nøtter til Askepott" with my sister at 11am as I usually do - but at least I had my sister there! :D Weird not eating "risengrynsgrøt" too! I got confused I even forgot to dress up for dinner, which made me sad... And although the food was excellent, I missed moms Christmas dinner, hehe... No offense Janis! AFter dinner we went to a Candlelight service, which was nice. :) Then it was time for presents, and we had a good time opening each others presents and presents from friends back home, hihi. I got a lot of good gifts! :D


We spent the next couple of days just chilling and hanging out, shopping a little too of course, hehe. Tuesday night Janises house got very crowded as three of her daughters brought their families to her house, haha, it was crazy! People eating dinner all over the house, on the floor and I wouldnæt be surprised if someone sat in the bathroom, lol. Loved it! All of the people were great, and of course we made some music with Bonnie's boys, they are all very musical, at least the one old enough to play instruments. Good fun, hehe.


On Wednesday we moved out to the famous Bibelcamp by the lake (Devils Lake of course), and what a cirkus, hihi. We all got settled in, and within the next 24 hours people kept pouring in. For 4 days we played games, talked, goofed around and just had a blast. Staying up WAAAAAAAY past bedtime and getting up way to early compared to that gets to you after a while, but we did it, haha. I didn't go to bed before 3.30 am for one week I think, hihi. We even managed to give Calen a new hairdo!



Friday evening we had the late celebration of Christmas Eve, and had the Christmas Program and the gift-orgie, my goodness. Wrapping paper flying all over, people climbing the same paper trying to get to someone to give them a thank-you-hug, gifts being traded here and there, cookies being sent etc. It was madness, and I smiled the entire time! And I got a lot more presents than I thought I would, my goodness!
At the end of the week it was sad to see everybody go, but at the same time we were all so tired that it probably was for the best, haha. I now have friends all over this country, and I loved getting to know everybody.

New Years Eve was just weird. Private households aren't allowed to shoot fireworks here NYE, and the "city" of Devils Lake sure didn't send up any. People even started to go to bed before midnight! OUTRAGEOUS!!! But we youngsters went out in the streets screaming and cheering as I usually do around midnight, and the boys rang a few doorbells so we had to run. Fine, I'm childish, but I had fun, hihi...

Then it was time to send my family home. We spent Monday night at Lyle's place in Alex before going in to Minneapolis Tuesday morning/afternoon. We managed to squeeze in dinner at Doug's before sending them off! The goodbye was alittle rushed, I don't either of us realized we wouldn't see each other for another 4.5 months! But I got a few good hugs before they left, so I'm happy!

It was pretty empty in my appartment when I came back, a bit of an anticlimax, but kin dof nice to just relaxe a little. Joel and Sue helped me with some groceries too, so I'm set for the weekend. And tomorrow is my first day in the concert choir!!! *cheer*

At last I just want to thank everybody for their hospitality and good companionship, I had such a good time with all of you!

No comments: