Friday, January 12, 2007

First week of school

Well, first week of school after the break is hereby over and done with, and I survived!! *hihi*
Wednesday I had my first voice lesson, and Thursday I had my first cello lesson that I've had in 9 years, yikes!!! Voice lesson was ok, we talked a little, found a couple of pieces to sing and stuff. I am still getting over my cold, so the voice isn't all there yet. The cello lesson was fun, I learned HEAPS just during my first half hour! I found out I lacked a LOT of basic good techniques, even when I used to play, so I am really looking forward to this semeste with cello. The teacher is stricts, but fair, and we are getting along good I think. She for sure knows what she is doing!! :D

I also started learning spanish, and my first two days were just overwhelming! But I'm geting there I hope, the book isn't as good as I wished it was compared to my needs and methods for learning, but hey, I'll get there I think! ;)

All in all I am just very excited about this semester, the only class I am a little worried about is my English literature class. There is a lot of reading and we are analyzing stuff, which I haven't done in 6-7 years, so that's gonna take some time to get into. But I used to do alright in those kind of things, so hopefully I'll be alright, just need to get into the "groove", hehe.

Choir is going good, I love most pieces we are doing, they all hav emoments of grace in them! So for those who are able to come to our concert during the tour - look forward to it!
Now I'm off for comedy night, see ya'll!

No comments: