Monday, October 09, 2006

And life goes on

Alright, another chapter from Anne Marie's adventure in the US, hehe.

MONDAY
Monday we got our second summary/response paper back (englishclass stuff) and again I got 20/20 points. That A sure is in sight! :D
We are also preparing a speech in englishclass this week, and I had mine as second person out (voluntarily) Monday The feedback was immediate, nice! We could get 50 points all in all, and I got 46! I am pretty happy with that, cause I felt like I was just rambling along not making any snese at all, hehe. But apparently it was pretty ok, so that A is still in sight, hihi. But I know I could have done better, so next time it will be 50/50! ;)

And during choir Mr. Smith asked for someone to sing solo on this one song with an alto solo. I thought it would be weird if I voluntered for ANOTHER solo again, so I kept my mouth shut - for a good while, haha. Noones raised their hand or indicated in any way that they wanted it, si I said, "Hey, if you just need someone to sing, I can sing it". So I sang it, not very well just because I hadn't prepared it and i was kind of thrown into it. But I sang it, haha. Kind of fun! ;)


TUESDAY
As I told you last week we had that test on Music in North India, which I was pretty curious about. We got it back this Tuesday, and as I feared - it didn't go very well. I got 62 out of 100 points, and I knew I could have done a lot better, so I'm a little mad at myself. But now I know what kind of tests the teacher makes, and the next one will be GREAT!! :) We started with Bali today, a lot of pling plong, haha. At least we won't fall asleep during classes! WOW!

During choir today we were rehearsing O Magnum Mysterium among other songs, and Mr. Smith asked all the 2. altos to sing this particualr note for him, alone one by one. When he came to me he said "Perfect! That's the sound we want!" and I got all red, haha. One other girl got that comment too, we ROCK!! ;)
And apparently all the tenors drewled over me because of my solo yesterday, haha. Choir is fun! :D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

MORO! You rock girlfriend!

Annema said...

Oh yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaah :P