Sunday, November 26, 2006

Did someone mention food?!?

I had my suspicions, and now they definitely were confirmed:
Thanksgiving = food, eating, food and EATING!!

THURSDAY
Janice made a SUPERB dinner, and I ate quite a bit. And then she topped it off by having choclate fudge made, just for me!!!! I LOVE YOU JANICE! *giggle* Might not be too good for my health, but hey, who's counting calories, right..? Haha. Besides, we found out that if you eat smaller portions and more often instead, the calories don't really count. *lol*
Anyway, Janice had her nieses Kathy and Kathy and her son Justin over also. We had a good time, and I sang the Norwegian table prayer before dinner of course, They really liked that. And turns out that Kathy (Justin's mom) likes to make Norwegian/Scandinavian food, and she makes lefse and kromkaker and sanbakkels and looots of good stuff! Mom, you should meet this woman! Got some pics here for ya:


After dinner we played this game Joker, here we are:


I won my first game, just cause they were nice to me, but still, hehe. Fun! And then we had the famous pumpkin pie that is a must at every Thanksgiving!!




FRIDAY
The BIG shoppignday in the US, I mean HUUUUGE, the biggest the have! People sleep ouside stores to get the deals they want. This one guy was interviwed because he has been the first one outside "best buy" the last 4 years. This year he spent Thanksgiving outside there. WOW. I got myself a NICE pair of boots, and cute little camera, hihi. Here are my boots:


The rest of the day was pretty laid back, we went for a walk in the BEAUTIFUL weather, it was really nice outside, and since I forgot to take picture of the dinne yesterday, here is a picture of the leftover dinner which was the exact same thing, hehe..!




SATURDAY
I felt so bad after sitting around eating all that food, so I went for a little morningrun in the coldness. It was a few degrees below 0 celcius, and my lounges are not used to that yet, so it was a very short trip. But at least I got out a little bit! Then Janice had made pull-aparts for breakfast, oh my, they are GOOOD, hihi. Got a pic of course:


Then Lyle, Matt and Anna came to eat dinner here, we had a good time too, and dinner was FAB as usual. And I loved Lyle's beanstew or whatever it's called :)
We played another round of Joker, and then after Matt and Anna left, the rest of us played Mexican train, another pic:


It was a good day :)



SUNDAY
Today I actually joined Janice when she went to church, I thought that would be a fun experience. And it was! I even witnessed a baptism, I was right smack in front where they baptized that cute little girl (Meghan). The service was very different from how we do it back home, but Janice told me that the late Sunday service usually is a little more laid back and loose.

Then we went to Space Alien Grill & Bar, oh for FUN!!! *giggle* I took a BUNCH of pictures, here are a couple:




We had some fun, haha. Now I'll be going back to my empty appartment, do homework and then there is choir tonight. Christmas concert is coming up you know!!!

No comments: