Monday, February 19, 2007

Spring is coming!

My oh my.... This week has flown!
I haven't really been doing a whole lot, just messing around doing my usual stuff, hehe... The weather has been GORGEOUS, sunny and freezing, but no wind, I really like it!

Tessa "dragged me" to HoDo Wednesday night, and we had a good time as always! Met a few people, a cute older man and a couple of guys:


I was starting to get sick that day, and going out probably didn't help! But I had some branco fervent or whatever, herb stuff, it bet it helped! *hihi* Let's hope this cold will be like the one I had before Christmas concerts, that was good. SHort and mild. Yup.



Then came THE WEEKEND!
Minitour with the choir, we went to Hibbing and Brainerd and it was fun! Wish I had been totally healthy, but I coped. Had had little sleep to, so I figured I'd be dead by the end of the weekend, as I was sure not to get any while on tour, hehe... But instead the opposite happened! Let's take it from the beginning:

We hopped on the bus Saturday morning and drove up to Hibbing where we got dinner at the church that hosted us, did our concert and went home to our host families. Concert was alright although we seemed a little insecure some places. And the location - if you don't know Hibbing high school, you should. It loos like something from a movie from the 1800's, my GOODNESS!!!!!!!! Wow. Apparently the miners in town wanted only the best for their children - they have chandalears from france and stuff... Unbelievable.
Now, living with host families can be weird, but the people we stayed with were amazing. We got great, healthy(er) food, they played fabulous background music and were very interested in hearing about us and telling us about them. A great night!

The next morning we got a great breakfast, a little lunch and a little Bailys, haha...... I told the old man I liked Bailys on the rocks (it came up) and he fetched a cool bottle he kept in the fridge and said "here you go!" Of course we declined as we are not allowed to consume alchohol during the trip (representatives for the school and so on), besides, I'd say no no matter, that was just too weird, haha...
Anyway, we drove off towards Brainerd, a little sleepy, so I slept a little. At Brainerd we had a nice lunch, although I wasn't very hungry for some reason. Oh, and by the way: We all have choir duties on the tour, and I am in the skit-group whoa re suppsoed to entertain after each meal. Right. So Sunday I was a blue bull. We had a pretty decent concert, got standing ovation and had a little reception after to meet with some kids.
On the way back I got to talking with a nice guy in the choir, Paul, we talked for the 2-3 hours it took us to get back! This is what I love about tours - you get to meet and know new people - and you know how I love that!! Kjirsten and I (A friend from across tha hall and in choir and class, hehe) ended up watching a couple of movies at his place (he lives above us in the same building) and talked until 1am - who needs sleep, right..? Haha........


So, this was a very nice start of our tour and a great end before a new week! And if you are wondering why I don't have any pics from the tour - I forgot my camera at Tessa's and couldn't get a hold of her before we left!!! But I'll be asking around for pictures, and I borrowed Sara's camera (another friend from choir and Tessa), so just be pacient!!

Life is FAB by the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

No comments: