Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Tyskland: Berlin & Halle

Hey everyone, it's been a while!
This time I'm visiting Franzi and Caludi that I met at Concordia College 4 years ago. WOW, how time flies!!

Anyway, I'm having a GREAT time. First day I spent alone in Berlin, just walking around checking out the sites. Berlin is so much more beautiful than I remembered from my first and only trip here with the White Buses when I was 15! PLus, I had AWESOME weather!

Friday 18th of June Franzi met me in Berlin and we went to the "Funkturm" and 4 different musums. We were COMPLETELY dead at the end of the day!! But we had lots of fun and enjoyed it very much! The weather was of course also great that day, a special order from Franzi, hihi! ;) Then we drove to Halle, where Franzi's parents live, said hello, ate awesome meatsoup and went to bed. TIRED!!! :O

Saturday we went sightseeing in Halle, a "ganz schön Stadt"! We even happened to stop by a church (Paulus Kirche) where a mideavel "band" were rehearsing for a concert later that day, AWESOME! They sounded great! We also went to a mideavel ruin from a small fort. Name: Giebichenstein Burg! Saturday evening was just relaxation - much needed!

Sunday we attended a bike-marathon!!! We went with 2500 other people on a 20km long course through gorgeous nature, and were pretty tired after also biking from their house and back, so all together we rode around 35km and was out for 6 hours. YAY!!! :D Evening was spent BBQ-ing and presenting the family and friends to Norwegian cousine! Ate too much sugar and was high too long. Monday morning was aweful, haha.


Monday we went to Jena, and that comes in a different post!
Bis später! :D

No comments: